Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Random Thoughts #2

Some random thoughts:

1) I don't do anything but practice choir/Same Diff music. I don't listen to any music but choir/Same Diff songs.

2) I haven't even found the pieces Dr. Koehler wants me to learn this semester. Should probably get on that.

3)I am never drinking again. Period. Funny how since I've been trying to follow Christ, I have been drinking more than when I wasn't. Nicht so gut.

4) Even though I am going to see two of my favorite operas this month, I am terrified to see them. I am terrified that I will end up bitter with God because I might fall back in love with opera when I see them.

5)I ate half a pumpkin "soup" today. So much for trying to not gain anymore weight.

6)I love the fall weather. I love when it gets dark/overcast/chilly/windy/rainy outside. It suits my temperment really well. I should probably be careful that it doesn't let me slip into depression.

7) I'm tired of putting on a happy face for everyone. It takes so much energy. I'm tired of pretending to be happy. I want to laugh at things and I just want to be truly happy. I don't want to have to pretend.

8)I feel like I am at a stalemate with my life. I want to move on to Louisville, but I am also terrifed of leaving Morgantown and its familiarity. I am terrified of leaving the familiarity of my favorite professors, classes, and friends. My parents are trying to push me out of Morgantown, and even God is giving me signs that it is time to leave soon. So why do I want to stay so bad?

9) I could care less about any class but choir and Same Diff right now. I think if it weren't for those ensembles keeping me somewhat sane, I would just stay in bed all day every day.

10) I gave some random Asian girl a ride home from the laundromat today. She was this teeny tiny Asian girl (Chinese, I believe) and she was carrying this huge bag of laundry. So I just asked her if she wanted a ride home. I almost hesitated and let her go, but I think God told me to give her a ride home. She ended up living up this huge hill and I am really glad I didn't let her walk home, especially since it was 11:00 p.m. I am usually too shy to extend kindness though. I am glad that God gave me that push. Her name was Jeannie and she was very sweet. I think I will pray for her tonight.

I am procrastinating Counterpoint. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment