Friday, September 4, 2009

It is not good for (wo)man to be alone.

"The LORD God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone."
Genesis 2:18

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
but the man who falls
and has no one to pick him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is no quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12

Lord, I wish that I could say that my relationship with you is enough to sustain me. I wish that I could say that I would be content all of my days alone if all I have is you, but I would be dishonest. I would be bold-faced lying, and I just can't do that. Fortunately, you have given your word that we are not meant to be alone. I just wonder when you will send him my way. You have broken me down. You have taken my feelings for the one I thought I would love forever. I feel nothing for him. Nothing. My heart is ready to love someone else, the one you have for me. How long must I wait? My heart breaks in desire for someone to share this journey with. You know my heart. You know who I need. Please bring him into my life.

1 comment: