Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Life lessons learned laboriously (ha)

So, just in case anyone was wondering, when you ask God to break you, He will. He will knock your butt to the floor. He will put you in a mess that only He can clean up. I have seen this happen to not only me, but other friends as well. If you don't want God to show you what he is capable of doing in your life, don't ask. Sometimes it's just not fun.

Also. If you think you have your life planned out, you're probably wrong. Even if you think you have completely planned out a life according to what God wants, you could be wrong. I seriously thought I would be starting seminary this time-ish next year. Wrong. This time next year I will still be an undergraduate at WVU. Would I have EVER planned this for myself? Nein (figured I would practice my German *since I still have to take two more semesters of it*).

I keep asking myself the same question, "How do I do this?" If you know me pretty well, you are probably aware that I am way over WVU and have been for the last year. All I wanted to do this year was to get OUT and now I am here FOR MORE TIME. Man does God have a sense of humor. I don't exactly find it funny, though.

Last night I found myself getting angry with God over this whole ordeal, and I really don't want that to be my reaction to it. I know he has to have a plan. I know this. Something will come out of this and it will be good because God has ordained it. Luckily, He guided me to some Scripture to help me see his plan:

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment