Saturday, September 19, 2009

What is happening to me? It is not like me to FAIL tests. Really, it isn't, but this week I failed my Studies in Hebrew Scripture test. Truthfully, I just didn't study. I know I should have, but I just shut down under the pressure of this week. I got a C on my Nutrition test and a C in German. That is so not like me. I didn't even get C's in Wilkinson's class. I have never gotten a C in German before. I have never received anything less than a B. This is new for me, and unfortunately, it is going to cost me a good GPA if I don't get my act together and start studying again.

On a brighter note, GREAT voice lesson this week. We are basically starting from the very beginning and by that I mean we are starting with the production of sound. I am not really singing at all in my lesson. I am learning how to make sound and I love it. It is the detailed study I always wanted to have but couldn't because of deadlines in opera scenes and juries/recitals. I am such an analytical person that I have to know how I make every single sound that I make. Dr. Koehler is wonderful because he recognizes that in me. I feel so free!

1 comment:

  1. I think I still have some of my German 203 tests if you would like to make copies of them to study. Also, that's great about your voice lesson. I'm really glad Dr. Koehler has the patience for you that other teachers have not had. P.S. grades aren't everything. I used to think they were, but lately I have developed the philosophy that they don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, especially if I'm still learning new things. And from what I read in your blog just before this one, it sounds like you're learning things that are way more important than any class at WVU. =) Try a change of pace with studying, like an outdoor spot or a place you've never gone before--it might help you focus better and actually have the ambition to study!

    ReplyDelete