Sunday, August 2, 2009

Title Change/ Wickedness

As I was sitting in church this morning, I felt the need to change the title of this blog. Believe me, I am most definitely a hopeless romantic. I love movies where the girl gets the guy in the end, candlelight dinners, and weddings. Romance is very important to me, but there is something that is even more of a priority in my life. The most important thing to me is my journey with Christ. My soul longs and aches to know more about Him and His character. He is my Redeemer, thus this blog is my reflections on my walk with Him.

Lately I have been feeling so unworthy of His love. I feel like I can never bring to Him a clean heart. I have felt Him lay on my heart how much I need to change how I speak and the way I think about people. I am very quick to judge, especially if you cross me. I hate that about myself. I wish that instead of automatically seeing the negative in people I would see Christ in them. My job makes this very hard. I encounter some pretty difficult people in the food industry. There are some people that you just would like to shake and tell them how stupid they are. This is NOT a Christian attitude. I know this, but I am human and this is one of my sins.

I seek to be a graceful woman who is gentle and kind. I want to treat people as Christ would treat them. I want people to see the Christ in me and recognize that it is Him I serve. This is my prayer to God, that I may become more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment