Friday, August 7, 2009

God is good!

Last night I was praying about the situation I wrote about in my last post. I prayed that He would give me peace about it and tell my heart what to do. Every night as I get ready for bed or lie in bed before I fall asleep, I watch whatever preacher is on t.v. so that my last thoughts will be about God. So as I prayed, I said "Father please let what the preacher says tonight speak to my heart about this situation so that it will just be settled." Then Joyce Meyer came on, and do you know what the name of her sermon was? "Do yourself a favor and FORGIVE." The moment she said that, I knew in my heart what I was supposed to do. I wasn't supposed to forgive this woman or anyone else; I was supposed to forgive myself. Joyce spoke about the bitterness, anger, resentment, and sadness we carry when we withhold forgiveness from others. Isn't it just the same if we don't forgive ourselves? So then I got back on my knees and prayed again. I prayed that I would not go to sleep until I had forgiven myself and released everything that I was hanging onto. Let me tell you, when I woke up this morning, I experienced no more pain. For the first time in four years, I did not get a stab of guilt when I thought about it. How amazing!

1 comment: