Thursday, August 6, 2009

Forgiveness

About four years ago, I made a mistake that I still regret today. I hurt someone I care about very deeply, and she pushed me away. Since then, I have asked her forgiveness, and she said that she has granted it. I have also prayed to God for His forgiveness, because this mistake was a result of not listening to Him. I still see her at church and she talks to me and jokes with me, even though I still sense a touch of pain on both our parts .

So, when a friend tagged her in a photo on facebook last week, it showed up on my newsfeed. She is apparently new to facebook, and I added her two weeks ago. Well, my request went unanswered. I added her again this week, but once again, she has ignored my request. I know that she has deliberately ignored it because for a while it would say "awaiting friend confirmation" and now it says " add as friend". I think that is a result of ignoring a request.

I know it is just a stupid website, but it speaks volumes to me. It says that she doesn't trust me or want to let me into her life again and it hurts. I know that although we are forgiven we sometimes have to suffer consequences of our sins. I know that things can never be the way that they were between us, but I don't think she is giving me a chance to show her that I am not the same person I was 4 years ago.

I don't know what to do. I don't know whether to talk to her about it or just let it go. I have been praying about it, and I think I feel like I am supposed to say something about it, but I don't know. I don't know yet. All I know is every time I think about it, I get a stab of pain in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment