Monday, August 3, 2009

Just some random thoughts from this morning

Random thought #1:

I am really beginning to enjoy singing contemporary praise and worship music. This is a new development for me because I used to HATE it, and it was the majority of what my choir would sing at church. I just don't belt very well, and I feel like some of those songs require it. So hopefully, somewhere along the line, I will encounter the opportunity to learn to belt and use my middle register. I have a pretty warm middle register, but if I focus on my top, I lose it. So we'll see what this year brings.

Random thought #2:

I want to learn to play the guitar well.

Random thought #3:

I need to learn to play the piano well.

Random thought #4:

I should probably be focusing more on voice right now so I can manage to pull off a respectable senior recital and graduate.

Random thought #5:

I am procrastinating cleaning, so I had better go do that.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Ezekiel,
    #1 YAY - You've been listening to Sojourn haven't you!? Now that you're listening to that type of music, you'll be able to sing it much better stylistically, which is probably the only thing you lacked before!
    #2 That would be awesome
    #3 Yes, yes you do...work on hymns. I know that sounds goofy, but here...we play hymns.
    #4 That's probably true also, however I'm sure you're senior recital will be GREAT!
    AND it's summer, you don't have to focus on that for like 3 more weeks, so enjoy the rest of the summer!
    #5 Me too!! I hate hate HATE scrubbing the tub! EWWW, but I've got a date with Kaboom, so I better get on it before Kiel and Teresa get here
    #6 (I made this one up myself) If you move here in May...You only have 10 months until you move!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! *I can't wait to move to Louisville!!*


    Well, I've been listening to Sojourn but I have also been listening to Chris Tomlin and other singers. I am really starting to like it!

    ReplyDelete