Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good days

Life is pretty good right now.

(How long has it been since I said that?)

Sunday was the best day I have had in a long time. The day started with a prayer service at Wesley. It is so great to just sit and pray for an hour. I should do that every day. I have had lots of friends in my heart lately and it was great to just tell him about it. Then the choir sang for the service, which was fun. The service was moving and touched some people, which is exactly what I had been praying for a few hours earlier. I got to see a side of Dr. Shannon that I didn't know existed, which was also something I had been praying for. She has really been on my heart lately, so I try to pray for her as much as I can. She, Min Sue, Melynda, and I went out to dinner after church. I love Sunday dinners. That's such a Baptist thing to do. Have to have Sunday supper! After dinner we had SAI, which is usually meh, but it didn't last too long this week. THEN I got to spend much needed Stacy time and got the fabulous surprise of spending much needed KITTY time!! It's been forever since a kitty fell asleep in my arms. It was so nice! The evening ended with a sleepover at Stacy's house, the perfect end to a great day!

Even though Sunday was the best day, the rest of this week has been pretty great. On a whim, I sang the "Beat It" solo in Same Diff yesterday and I think I surprised people, the least of whom being myself. Dr. Shannon dubbed it an "epiphany" haha! I actually asked to be considered for the solo!

I have been in a very good mood, and I really hope it lasts. I feel stronger, emotionally and spiritually. I think I actually know what it means to have joy in Christ. I have a lot of joy right now. I will not allow this world to rob my joy. Nor will Counterpoint with its ceaseless homework steal me of my joy. I have lots of joy and I just want to share it!

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:1-2 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment