Monday, October 12, 2009

Father, thank you for sending your Son to die on the cross for me. Thank you for granting me eternal salvation because surely without it I would be lost. I would wander through the realm of the dead, separated from you by my sin. I always fail to be a righteous woman. I am never without sin. I say things I regret, and sometimes my actions speak even louder than my words. Please forgive me for these transgressions.
Father please be in my heart and on my mind. I know that You are calling me to be a woman of prayer. Why do I resist? Why do I run? Why do I fail to represent myself as a follower of your truth? Lord I desire to be graceful, tender, strong, and beautiful in your sight. I want others to see the fruits of the Spirit in me. Why do I allow temptation to take hold and keep me from being the woman you call me to be? Break me, Father. Break my heart for you. Christ has conquered death. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Help me to serve my friends rather than pass judgment or dismiss them. Give me compassion where I fail to have any. Give me a quiet humility. Transform me. Mold me. Use me.

Lord I wish to seek you and let my life be a living prayer to you. I want people to see the glow of your love in my life. I don't think I am there right now. I fear my lifestyle casts a veil over my heart to my friends. Please break me of all sin, Father. Convict me. Break me. Reform me.




In Your love I find release
a haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
a living prayer, my God, to thee

No comments:

Post a Comment